Micro Dosing – Safe & Easy
The goal of micro-dosing is to use small amounts of cannabis, over time, to find relief without getting “high”.
- Let a dose of tincture absorb under the tongue for about a minute before swallowing
- The first effects are usually felt in about 20 minutes
- The peak of the dose is felt in 2 to 3 hours
- The noticeable effects of a single dose will drop off at 4 to 5 hours
Beginners or those who are sensitive to most medicines should start LOW and GO SLOW by using a few drops per dose and build up their dosage slowly. Wait to increase your dose after the 2-hour mark or until the next time you dose. The Akashic Care™ tincture dose of 0.50ml is approximately 20 drops.
Consistent micro dosing of 2 to 4 times daily provides the greatest health benefit to the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Micro Dosing has a cumulative impact. However, many feel positive results in the first days of dosing.
Self-Monitor & Determine Dosage
Keep in mind, everybody has a unique chemistry and metabolism and each person has a limit to the amount of cannabis they can take before their natural processes are less responsive.
A cannabis tracking log is an important tool to find what dosage and product works best for you.
Alternatives to consider when you are new to using Cannabis Tinctures.
- Start with highest CBD to lowest THC ratios and build slowly to your preferred ratio
- Start with a lower dose of equal parts CBD to THC ratio. Use 5 to 10 drops (instead of a 0.50ml dose at about 20 drops), making the micro dose a ‘nano’ dose.
People experience different results. It takes a little time and patience to find what does or does not work for you.
Using a cannabis tracking log makes it simple to look at the when, what and how much. Let’s say you start with a 20:1 CBD:THC ratio. You take the suggested 0.50ml dose 2 times a day and feel no effects, after a couple of days you keep the 0.50ml dose, however, you take it 3 times a day.
After a few days, you still feel no effect, you may consider increasing the dose to a 0.75ml dose taken 3 times a day or give it more time and finish the bottle at the current dose. Take into consideration how you feel based on your notes before deciding to move to a different ratio.
Since the benefits of Micro Dosing increase over time and can be subtle, it is common for someone to realize once they stop taking a tincture, that positive results did in fact exist. You will have benefitted by starting the process of activating and building receptors in your Endocannabinoid System, even if no positive results are felt by you from your starting ratio.
If you use a cannabis tracking log, one to two weeks of self-monitoring and determining your own dosage should indicate what direction you need to go.
Items to consider in your choice of
Cannabis- Infused Tincture or Topical.
- Individual’s THC Tolerance
- Symptoms of Anxiety – Higher THC may increase anxiety
- Drug Testing – Even small amounts of THC can show up in a drug test
- Consider your long & short-term goals
- Drug Interactions*
It is often said that CBD is not psychoactive and it is true some will feel no effect at all. While CBD is not intoxicating, meaning it will not make you “high”, CBD can be mood altering, providing relaxation for some and increased alertness for others. Please pay attention to how CBD cannabis tinctures make you feel and adjust the timing of your dosing accordingly.*